In this book I found it very odd how at the end of the book that Percy is elected praetor of Camp Jupiter, the Roman demigod camp, even though he is a Greek demigod. I find this especially odd because the Greeks and Romans were enemies. It's as if he identifies himself as a Greek Roman or vice versa. The Romans treat other Greek demigods as a complete enemy but they elect Percy who is one of. The most powerful Greek demigods to praetor, which is like vice president of the camp.
At the end of the book Percy says to the members of the Roman senate that if the Greek Warship cocking to aid the is actually a trap by the Greeks then he will fit ht with the Romans against his fellow Greek demigods. Even though Percy was 100% sure that it wasn't a trap I find it very odd that Percy would even suggest the thought. Percy is after all a Greek demigod and only spent a few days with the Romans and only went on one quest for the Romans and he had been though much more with the Greeks. It's as if Percy identifies himself as a Roman Greek demigod.
I think that this is true in real life too because there are part Arab-Jews and the Arabs and Jews have been at war for over 50 years. I think that it is very common that people identify and are more than one race or religion or from different countries. I'm part German and part Russian and they were enemies in WW2. I think that what Percy did was very brave because he swore his life on the fact that it wasn't a trap and but if it was he would fight for the Romans. The Romans take swearing on your life very seriously so if it is a trap then he will have to fight his own friends or die.
I loved the way that you related this to a real life situation that isn't as obvious as abuse or starvation. It was very well written.
ReplyDeletethis souns like a very interesting book like quinn said i like how you connectedd the book to something thats real in the world. Its was interesting to have some factual eveidence as well as real world events in one places awsome
ReplyDelete-cameron c.