Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Long Term Marriage? **Spoiler Alert**

In Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare I think that it  is very interesting that right after Romeo and Juliet are wed, Mercutio is killed, and ROmeo kills Tybalt.  This further worsens the rivalry between the Montagues and Capulets.  Then the Capulets demand that Romeo be put to death but the Prince only banishes him from Verona.  I think that Romeo and Juliet are going to continue there love elsewhere if they can until the well known ending of the story.


I think that Romeo and Juliet will still love each other but they will do it elsewhere and stay married.  Despite the fact that ROmeo killed Tybalt, Juliet's cousin, I think that they feel for each other to much so they won't get divorced.  I think that they will try to stay married until their families go to war and they are too pressured upon to break the marriage off.  Then the famous ending of this great tale will occur.


I think that the feeling that Romeo and Juliet have of being married but feeling that they do not have their family's full support is felt often by married people in today's world.  While most people getting married are not from enemy families, sometimes the husband isn't the wife's parents first choice for her to marry or vice versa.  But in Romeo and Juliet's case they have much more pressure and despite that they still get married.

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahaha you posted even when we didn't have to lolol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You commented even though we didn't have to

    got 'em

    ReplyDelete